Note from the Director of Haverford Township Free Library
On behalf of the Board of Trustees, Staff, and Friends of the Haverford Township Free Library, we are excited to announce that the Library is now embarking on the next chapter of our renovation/expansion! At the October 30, 2023 special meeting, the Haverford Township Commissioners voted unanimously to approve construction bids for our renovation/expansion project. This means that we will be closing our doors at 1601 Darby Road on Saturday, November 4 to prepare for our move to the temporary library at the Manoa Shopping Center location. Here are some important details that will be useful for the Library users to know:
Beginning Saturday, November 4 - The Library building will be closed to the public to prepare our move to the temporary location and to begin construction for the library's renovation and expansion.
* We are moving to our temporary library at Manoa Shopping Center, 1305 West Chester Pike, and will open to the public at that location sometime after the Thanksgiving Holiday.
* The Library book drop (at 1601 Darby) will be closed beginning November 6 and will remain closed during the Renovation & Expansion.
* The remote book drops at CREC and YMCA will be temporarily unavailable from Thursday, November 2 to Monday, November 27.
* Due dates on Haverford Township Free Library materials - Books, Audio and DVD’s are extended to Tuesday, January 2, 2024. Please note no overdue fines will be charged during this period.
* Please hold onto your books/items until we reopen at the Manoa location. If you prefer to return your items during this closure, then you may return them at any other Delaware County Library. To find a list of Delaware County Libraries and their addresses, go to: www.delcolibraries.org.
* The latest information about our reopening can be found in our newsletter (The HTFL Connection), on our website www.haverfordlibrary.org, on our social media pages, as well as by calling us at 610-446-3082. We want to extend our sincere appreciation to our Board of Commissioners for their assistance in getting us to this point and helping us make this renovation/expansion a reality!